12/05/2019- This week, Engine 72 began production with the cab in fabrication. Next week, the cab will move to paint process then the body will begin fabrication and the chassis will be scheduled for frame-up.
12/13/2019- This week, Engine 72's cab moved through the paint process. Next week, the cab will continue with the paint process and the body will be scheduled for fabrication.
12/20/2019- This week, Engine 72's cab moved through the paint process while the body was in fabrication. Next week, expect the cab to complete the paint process and the body to continue with assembly.
01/10/2020- This week, Engine 72's cab moved through cab assembly while the chassis was in frame-up and the body and pump module were completing assembly. Next week, expect cab to complete cab assembly, chassis to be on chassis line for drivetrain and body to move through paint process.
01/17/2020- This week, Engine 72's cab and pump module were mounted on the chassis while the body was being prepared for chassis. Next week, expect body and tank to be mounted on chassis.
Over the last year, the Apparatus committee has been hard at work laying out a specification list for a new Engine. The committee worked diligently to design a piece of equipment that could support the needs of all members for many years to come.
A couple of the key design points are listed below:
- Enforcer 70” cab with flat roof and seating for 6
- Detroit Diesel DD13 engine
- Allison EVS 4000 transmission
- 30' 1.5" OAL/9'6" OAH
- 172.5" wheelbase
- TAK-4 Independent Front Suspension
- Side Roll & Frontal Impact Protection
- Pierce high performance air conditioning system
- Whelen LED emergency lighting package
- HiViz LED scene lighting package
- 750 gallon water tank with low hose bed
- HALE 1500 GPM Pump
- Pierce aluminum short body pumper
- Front intake with swivel
Once progress reports are received, they will be posted here weekly.